Appendix C: Interview Questions
- How did you come to interact with this/these user(s)?
- Did you know this/these user(s) previously? If so, how did you know
them? If not, how did you meet them and begin interacting with them?
- What role or roles did [LibraryThing / Goodreads] play in this
- Did standards and norms of behavior impact your interaction? If so,
- Did you and the other user(s) take on roles in the interaction? If so,
what were they? How did they come to take them?
- Would you say the views and values of you and the other user(s)
impacted your interaction? If so, how?
- Did you share similar information needs, wants, or desires with the
other user(s)? Do you feel they behave similarly and partake in similar
activities to you? Why or why not?
- Would you judge this interaction to have included users from multiple
groups or communities? Why or why not?
- Did you build a common understanding during your interaction? How?
- Did you feel your interaction helped build a sense of community and
commonality between you and this/these user(s)? How?
- Did you feel [LibraryThing / Goodreads] facilitated and supported this
interaction? If so, how? Why or why not?
- Could this interaction have taken place in a different space? On a
different site? Using different technology? Why or why not?